An opportunity to collaborate, deliver jobs and business growth
Who we are
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to regenerate a place is what motivates the iSH team every day. We’re an inclusive, ambitious, experienced team, fully-focused on making good things happen. And we’re growing. Which is why, if you are driven by making a positive difference, we want to hear from you.
iSH (the Industrial Solutions Hub) is an initiative of regional, national and international significance. A transformative initiative for Cumbria, iSH will deliver employment, skills and training opportunities for every generation, raising aspirations and regenerating communities.
Collaboration is key for us here at iSH – in terms of the partnerships we build to enable industry, businesses, entrepreneurs, academia, charities and others, to work together to bring about positive change; and in the way we behave as an organisation. We can’t all be experts at everything, that’s why we are looking for those with complementary skills to join us.
We pride ourselves on getting things done and making a positive difference. We like working with doers who take responsibility and make things happen.
iSH’s economic assessment has estimated its programme will generate more than 100 new jobs over a period of 18 months, with the overall scheme creating more than 700 new jobs in the next 10 to 15 years.
We will achieve that in part by creating a solutions hub where businesses in the region will be able to collaborate and work with other specialist companies from around the UK and the rest of the world on delivering solutions to industry challenges which can then be exported around the globe, helping organisations expand and creating further job opportunities. iSH will also attract world class businesses to the area.
We haven’t let the grass grow under our feet. Only formed as a company in July 2022, we are already inspiring young people and adults across Cleator Moor and the wider Cumbria and regional community about the opportunities which will be created.
We recognise that our company culture is driven from the top and seek for our leaders, and all employees, to embrace the following behaviours and attributes which form the culture of our organisation:
- Dynamic and different – where freedom and flexibility are encouraged, and failure is seen as a link to learning.
- Challenge the status quo – where people are encouraged to think differently so that we are a melting pot of ideas and diversity and operate without hierarchies.
- Culture of trust – where mutual respect is unquestioned, excellence recognised, and whole person growth is facilitated.
- Transparency – where leaders are open about business operations and internal processes, and information about performance and outcomes is shared.
- Openness – where freedom to express is promoted, concerns can be raised without fear, and open communication is the norm.
- Brave – where innovation and risk taking is expected, change is seen as a positive not a threat, and discussion and boldness is encouraged.
- Empowered – where autonomy and responsibility for decision making is promoted, and opportunities to learn and grow are created.
Meet the team
Senior Project Manager
Education Liaison Officer